Chimney and Masonry Services
How to get your chimney or masonry needs met in one fell swoop.
Chimneys and stonework can be impressive additions to home or office while simultaneously serving an important function. Maintaining these masonry works will keep moisture out, add insulation, and keep structures such as your chimney from crumbling. It is all too often the case, though, that masonry work is overlooked and not repaired as it should be. When smoke and fire are involved, it is imperative your chimney stack is up to code and sealed properly. Since it is on top of your roof, your chimney is exposed to wind, snow, dust, rain, and ice that will cause deterioration over time. This can lead to further interior damage that will cost you money. Here at Columbus Roofing Service, we are dedicated to safety and functionality to bring you quality maintenance for all of your masonry needs.
1. Our stone masons are highly qualified and talented. We specialize in brick, stone, block, and stucco so that all of your stone working jobs are done efficiently and beautifully. We lay each brick with care and attention to produce beautiful pieces of work that you will love.
2. We will give you a detailed pricing upon inspection. Our costing strategies are an open book so you will never wonder how we came to the price we did. Remember, we will match the price of our competitors to get you the best deal in the least amount of time.
3. Chimney maintenance is all too often neglected. The stonework of chimneys is indeed strong, but over time, certain factors can create stack havoc that can lead to costly repairs. The crown of the chimney is made from casted concrete, and after years of expanding and contracting, the inflexible concrete begins to crack. These cracks can then expand into the masonry which ultimately leads to separation and leaks. Let us get your chimney in safe and working condition.
4. Improper chimney seals do not stand the test of time. Some installation crews will take some “shortcuts” when installing chimney flashing. They use the “pinned” method of flashing installation which simply means the metal flashing is tacked into the mortar and the caulking is applied on top. This method will come away from the mortar after only a few years of sun exposure.
5. Our team is dedicated to completing a job correctly so that it will last for many, many years. We employ the “grind and tuck” method which involves tucking the metal flashing into ground joints in the mortar. Caulking is then injected into the joints which create a strong, waterproof seal. We cut no corners and provide only the highest level of professional masonry.
6. Prevent damage to the interior. With these cracks and improper sealing, moisture can make its way into the wood structures below. This can lead to dangerous situations and costly repairs, so it is important to keep up on routine maintenance to avoid this.
7. Our masonry team can also aid you in various other projects, including:
- Crack repair
- Concrete work (leveling or repair)
- Pool decks
- Chemical peals
- And many more...
Does your stone work or chimney need a little touch-up? Call us today at (614) 701-9998 or fill out the form on the right to schedule your free inspection. Our helpful staff will be happy to help in any way we can.